Below is a listing of scheduled events for the Smithsonian Education Online Conference: Abraham Lincoln. All live events are listed in Eastern Standard Time; the (EST) on each entry links to a page that converts the times into other time zones.
Each live session will be recorded and posted to the conference community site after each event for conference participants who wish to review them at a later time or who missed the live session.
Please note that schedule below is subject to change. Check back regulary for updates. The schedule below only shows live events to help participants plan their time during the conference. On-demand or asynchronous discussions, activities and resources may also be available during the conference.
NOTE: All times below are Eastern Standard Time (New York). Click "EST" next to any event time for conversion to other time zones.
To view a description of each session along with the presenter's biography, simply click on thesession titles below.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009 (all times EST)
- 10:00 – 10:50 AM (EST) - Lincoln's Deathbed: Images of a Martyred President
- 11:00 – 11:50 AM (EST) - Abraham Lincoln: An Extraordinary Life
- 2:00 – 2:50 PM (EST) - Stamp Stories: Philatelic Images of Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War
- 3:00 – 3:50 PM (EST) - One Life: The Mask of Lincoln
- 4:00 – 4:50 PM (EST) - One Life: The Mask of Lincoln – Classroom Applications
Thursday, February 5, 2009 (all times EST)
- 11:00 – 11:50 AM (EST) - Mr. Lincoln’s Air Force
- 2:00 – 2:50 PM (EST) - Public and Private Photography During the Civil War
- 3:00 – 3:50 PM (EST) - The Enduring Emancipation: From President Lincoln to President Obama
- 4:00 – 4:50 PM (EST) - Michelle Hammond on Classroom Applications